Dees and Divents

Gan canny man. Be neitha radgy nor a doylum.

Thursday 22 September 2011

A Straightforward Mind?

Last few times I've gone fishing I have planned to see how things are on the river and select the most appropriate method/fly when I get there. Problem is I can't seem to settle on a method/fly and am constantly farting on with dropper length, Klink and Dink set up, Dry fly only, team of wets, Nymph and Dry......etc etc etc ad nauseum.

When I started fly fishing (only earlier this year mind) I seemed to enjoy it more when I was limited to a single dry fly (adams) rig. I was only limited because I didn't know enough, or to put it another way my mind was concentrating on how to get the most from the method I was using. Now I find I am constantly questioning the choice of method not the way I am fishing the method....hope this is making sense???

If I manage a bit fishing this coming weekend (last of the 2011 season!) I will leave the house with a plan and stick to it for at least an hour.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment