Dees and Divents

Gan canny man. Be neitha radgy nor a doylum.

Saturday 29 October 2011

Ah well another blank............... BANG! holy guacamole

My first salmon by geordietrout@ymail.com
My first salmon, a photo by geordietrout@ymail.com on Flickr.
So, I was on/in the river yesterday trying to find some Grayling. I managed an out of season Brooney (oops. sorry bud) about 4" long. I was ready to give in when I heard an almighty splash behind me.... Big fish were jumping in a still pool at 5 minute intervals.

So on one last roll of the dice i retrieved my Greys 7# from the car and tied on an streamer which I had for some reason bought last year and forgotten about. The 7# normally only sees still waters and that is very infrequently.

Second cast...BANG! was that a whale?

After 5 mins fight my arm started to ache... I can remember chanting the eternal mantra of all fishermen " please don't snap, please don't snap"

My best fish yet. Phew.

1 comment:

  1. WOWza cracking fish there, talk about a shock to the system!!

    Stephen

    http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete