Dees and Divents

Gan canny man. Be neitha radgy nor a doylum.

Thursday 15 March 2012

almost there

Not long now. 21st March sees the trout season 2012 begin and lord it has been a loooooooong winter. I wont go into details but I am most pleased to see the first signs of spring and the promise of some blessed trout seeking.

This coming season I will be mostly fishing the Coquet, having just paid for a trout permit with the Northumbrian Anglers Federation. I will also be splashing around the Tyne around Bellingham for fun. Are there trout in that stretch of the Tyne? I will seek to discover.

The fever has returned as I find myself trying to find the next bit of vital tackle that I will need. New rod? always fancied a Hardy. New line? Different Weight? Try for Salmon?

I am OK for Flies for the immediate future, tied up a selection of Klinkhamers, Adams, Beaded Nymphs, and Spiders for 2012 chances are they will be useless on the Coquet. Finding out is the best bit.

So with gathering optimism I sign off till I can reflect upon my first dip in the Coquet.

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the new season on the Coquet! Upstream of Rothbury can be a good place to start the season....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers CT. hope to see you on the river one day. Tight lines.

    ReplyDelete