Dees and Divents

Gan canny man. Be neitha radgy nor a doylum.

Saturday 24 March 2012

First of the 2012 season

Ok the title is a bit misleading. I caught nixy on my first fishing trip of the season this year.
dashed out of work yesterday and drove at breakneck speed to the Coquet just west of Rothbury (Ladys Bridge I presume, but when getting to know a new river I am never fully sure if I am where I think I am).

By the time I stood in the river it was 5:15 so only managed an hour before it began to get dark. I actually had to think twice about which way around to attach reel.....handle to right or left??? it really has been ages since my last fishing trip!

Didnt have a clue what fly to use so tied on a black bodied Klinkhamer as there were no visible rises but a few hatches of dark flies here and there. The Klink brought a couple of tentative nibbles from something on the inside bend just below the car park then nothing else. Persevered for a while moving up stream until just below the bridge to the golf course. Changed fly to a small adams to try an stimulate interest but nowt was either there or interested.

Not the best start to my season, but still it was super just being in the river watching the wildlife and enjoying the sun setting behind the hills. Clocks go forward this weekend so my next trip will at least be an hour longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment